Friday 30 December 2011

Yes!!!SNOW SNOW SNOW

Just in time, it is snowing. On Sunday we are to be having a toboggan party at a friends place down the road, been a little worried how we were going to accomplish that with no SNOW. But if I don't have a tall dark and handsome man come to the door I may not be able to go any way,Fuzzy might have to do ,well his hair isn't as dark as it used to be and he is not that tall but taller than I am so I guess in a pinch he'll do. So I imagine you are wondering what she's going on about. It is tradition from Scotland. Ya canna leave the house on New Years Day until a tall dark haired man comes through the door or you won't have a good year or something like that.Oh but life is good,it is snowing! OK so I know what everybody is thinking, give her a month and she'll be grumbling  about the stuff and you are likely right but it just wouldn't be right without some, not as much as  last year, just enough to make it post card pretty, cover up the brown stuff , make it all look clean.Now maybe I can get the snowshoes out and go give them a try, make a snow angel or tractor tracks, shovel and get rid of the Christmas 5 more or less. Darn I am almost giddy, doesn't take much to make me happy.
    I have started on a few organising jobs that needed to be done, part of the kitchen cupboards are as they should be and I am slowly but surely getting the crap room (craft room) back in order after Santa's helper(me) was messing with it. The laundry room towel cupboard is done it looks so neat, hope it lasts. Need to have the house some what respectable before the first footin.
    I have been hearing that some people are already been taking down their Christmas decorations and are glad to be done with it all, this makes me a little sad, and my own Mom was talking of it the other night on the phone, that she was thinking of doing it. I jumped up on my imaginary soap box and told her that it was to soon, that the wise men had not even got to Bethlehem yet, for goodness sake they where on camels and had to stop and tell King Herod  on the way. We all get in such a hurry to put  Christmas up that we seem to want it all to be over on the 26th,I know I should not lump everyone into that category  that there are people out there who do enjoy it longer and make it last, so I will now step of my soapbox.But please think about it tell me your thoughts.
     In my last post I mentioned what Fuzzy gave me for Christmas this year, I have a picture to show you. I love it and it works great. This year the girls and boys decided that we should not buy each other gifts, but everybody buy one gift for about $20 and we make a game of it. That we would only buy or make things for the grandkids. Well um I was doing alright with this till about a week before Christmas and I could not help myself, I made the girls each a gift and bought them PJs and got the guys something too. It just did not feel good until I did. The game was great and I ended up with some really cool baking things. It was so much fun watching them trying to steal the stuff from each other but in the end I think everybody got what they wanted and had a lot of good fun.
   My New Years resollution this year is not to make one as I do not want to not keep it. Let 2012 be a year with peace being the world's priority. God Bless and Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. I never heard that one about the tall dark man coming through the door--will my short, thinning husband do?? I'll probably stay in that day anyway--that's when I take down my decorations. It's too soon yet for me. Gotta ring in the new year first.
    I have about 40 resolutions in my head. I need to whittle it down to maybe 3!
    LOVE the red mixer. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Granny Bob, thanks for your comment on my blog. I just joined your followers and I hope that you join mine in return.

    I hope you got your snow and that you got togo tobogganing on New Year's Eve and that a tall dark handsome man came to the door.

    I'm with you with the Christmas tree. I leave it up until the church takes theirs down. Sometimes it stays up even longer if I don't have time to take it down. I love all the ornaments I put on and they are all so meaningful to me as most of them were given to me or some I really like the looks of old world charm.

    Having my tree up past Christmas is no stress at all, it's all the shopping for things that no-one really need and not knowing what they wish for Christmas that stresses me.

    I hope that the New Year brings you even more joy than 2011. JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took down the Churches decorations on Tuesday and undecked our halls here on the Ponderosa Wednesday. Been like spring 'round here the past couple days but I'm not complainin'!!!

    Hope ya'll got to use the toboggan!

    God bless ya and have a wonderful weekend sweetie!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete