Sunday 15 May 2011

Sunshine,Warm Days,I am So Thankful

Life is good! The sun is shining in the sky, the temperature is where it should be and things are starting to dry up a little. I feel like a kid in the candy store, which way do I go where do I start so much to do and so much I want to do. I have been trying to keep the blinders on so I finish one job before I start the next,but it is so hard,need to have more hands, more energy, less visions.  Keep busy and remember Rome was not built in one day, and it took God 6 days to create the world and he rested on the seventh day if I remember correctly,so breathe work smart and by the end of summer the garden may look like someone does truly love it, and it will be ready for me to start all over next year the good Lord willing and the creek don't rise.
    Seriously things are slowly coming together,the Fuzzy finally got my lawnmower going after I was a good wife and went and helped take down a temporary fence,and I never complained once or asked how much longer,( and he did not see me mud bogging with the quad when he was elsewhere with the tractor) so much fun put her into 4x4 lift your feet and go for it through the mud and water as fast as you can, very very fun! Okay so I drifted of topic,part of being menopausal.
    The perennials are coming up nicely, not to much winter kill on the roses, and I have the loveliest yellow flowers coming up everywhere, you know the kind that you make a wish on and blow.The hedge needs trimming , and the veranda needs to be stained.
    I started washing down the exterior of the house, that got boring so I started to dig around the perennials and get rid of the quack grass, back got sore so picked up branches ,could hear the phone ring so got side tracked . Remembered needed baking for church so got that done and made lunch, went to church, got home and spent the rest of the afternoon blissfully cutting the lawns and dreaming up more projects and just enjoying my lawn mower( the sucker turns on a dime).Tomorrow I will be good, I will not deviate from the list of jobs I shall make and things will get done, as long as I don't misplaced the list or The Fuzzy does not make new plans for me away from the garden,nah he wouldn't do that not The Fuzzy.
       Tomorrow is a new day, and what will be will be, but please let there be sun and warmth.

1 comment:

  1. So, did you follow that list the next day, or get sidetracked again? I have the same problem and I'm not menopausal (though I'm looking forward to that!). I've soooo enjoyed the last few days of sunshine and warm temperatures. I can live with the rain they're forecasting for the weekend, but I hope the sunshine comes back soon!

    ReplyDelete